Kim Davis has lived the adventures most people only dream about. She has worked as a scuba diver, a yacht chef, and a sound engineer. She’s visited the playgrounds of the gods, slept in the the world’s most exclusive hotels and sampled the finest wines.
Today Kim is adventuring in one spot as she shepherds her two beautiful daughters into adulthood with the help of her clever and talented English husband who doubles as her best friend.
Kim and her little family moved from Spain to Texas in November 1997. Kim tried swimming in the corporate pool for a few years, but though she advanced rapidly, her family took precedence, and in February 2002, she left that “real” job. Today Kim spends her days web designing, teaching and attending graduate school at Sam Houston State University, where she is working toward an MFA in Creative Writing.
Kim’s writing credits include:
- Crewing Aboard a Superyacht – a guide to working afloat is available by order worldwide through Adlardcoles.com.
- Living on the Edge – Jobs in Adventure Travel, available as a downloadable eBook.
- The Yachtie Bible – How to Get Paid While Traveling in Style, Booklocker.com, 2002. (Out of Print)
- Kim publishes Extraordinary Jobs for Ordinary People, an online newsletter for job seekers in the adventure travel industry.
- Kim writes articles about working in adventurous jobs, and
- She is the editor of The Inkwell, newsletter of the Madison County Writers Guild.