In May 2015, Kim Davis became the first graduate of the MFA in Creative Writing, Editing, and Publishing program at Sam Houston State University in Huntsville, Texas. She currently works on the editorial staff of Texas Review Press where she fills a number of rolls, including: book layout and design, cover design, and editing. Kim is also a freelance web designer. See her portfolio at Sublime Design Studio.
In her pre-motherhood incarnation, Kim lived the adventures most people only dream about. She worked as a scuba diver, a yacht chef, and a sound engineer. She visited the playgrounds of the gods, slept in the the most exclusive hotels and sampled the finest wines. Today, however, Kim embarks on the next chapter. The kids are testing their wings, and the nest is nearly empty. A few furry children remain along with Handsome Husband, but Kim’s focus is shifting toward telling the stories she’s been crafting in her head for years.
Kim’s writing credits include:
- Crewing Aboard a Superyacht – a guide to working afloat, (Out of Print)
- Living on the Edge – Jobs in Adventure Travel, (Out of Print)
- The Yachtie Bible – How to Get Paid While Traveling in Style, Booklocker.com, 2002. (Out of Print)
- Kim edited and published Extraordinary Jobs for Ordinary People from 2004 through 2011. It was an online newsletter for job seekers in the adventure travel industry.
- She edited of The Inkwell, newsletter of the Madison County Writers Guild.