Kim Davis has an MFA in Creative Writing, Editing, and Publishing from Sam Houston State University in Huntsville, Texas. She currently works on the editorial staff of Texas Review Press where she fills a number of rolls, including: book layout and design, cover design, and editing. Kim is also a freelance web designer. See her portfolio at Sublime Design Studio.
In her pre-motherhood incarnation, Kim lived an adventurous life. She worked as a scuba diver, a yacht chef, and a sound engineer. Today, however, Kim strives to tell the stories of her adventures and free the phantoms in her mind.
Kim’s writing credits include:
- Crewing Aboard a Superyacht – a guide to working afloat, London: Adlard Coles Nautical, 2004. (Out of Print)
- Living on the Edge – Jobs in Adventure Travel, ebook. (Out of Print)
- The Yachtie Bible – How to Get Paid While Traveling in Style, Booklocker.com, 2002. (Out of Print)
- Kim edited and published Extraordinary Jobs for Ordinary People from 2004 through 2011. It was an online newsletter for job seekers in the adventure travel industry.
- She edited of The Inkwell, newsletter of the Madison County Writers Guild.